Roj Jamyad Mah Bahman, 1382 Yz.
The earlier post reported on the functions to mark the 86th death anniversary of Ustad Saheb Behramshah Nowroji Shroff. A passing reference had been made there regarding the release of the second edition of the book, a Wondrous Life: The True Story of the Master, Ustad Saheb Behramshah Nowroji Shroff.
The first edition of the book was printed to coincide with the 10th anniversary celebrations of the establishment of the Ustad Saheb Behramshah Nowroji Shroff Daremeher at Jogeshwari. The 1000 copies printed were exhausted quite quickly. There has been a demand, from some time, to come out with a second edition.
Taking this demand into consideration, I decided to slightly revise the book and add a few more details. The main differences between the first edition and the new version of the book are as below:
1. The chapter on the life and works of Dr. Saheb Framroze S. Chiniwalla has been significantly enlarged and revised. Photographs of old manuscripts, in his own hand and that of his re-writers have been included.
2. A new chapter on the life and work of Seth Jehangirji S. Chiniwalla has been added.
3. Some additional details on the last years of the life of the Master and some intimate details of the illnesses he suffered and the service of two of his disciples in these years have been given.
4. The photograph of the Tata family was taken from the Tata Archives. With a view to respecting copyright, the same has been removed. I have added a photo of Sir Jamsetjee Tata from the book ‘Parsi Lustre on Indian Soil’ which is now out of copyright.
5. Photographs of Khshnoom stalwarts Ervad Phiroze S. Masani, Dr. Saheb Framroze Chiniwalla and Seth Jehangirji Chiniwalla have been added to enable readers to form an image in their mind of these great people.
6. Compared to 167 pages in the first edition, the new version numbers 202 pages. Here is the cover page of the new version:
The cover of the book is a photograph of Mount Demavand taken by ace photographer Shreyans Bhansali from 31,000 feet while flying on Air India flight 187, Mumbai to Toronto on 10th January, 2007. You can see more of Shreyans’ photos on his Flicker stream at http://www.flickr.com/photos/thebigdurian/
The book was released by Vada Dasturji Kaikhushroo Navroze Dastur Meherji Rana at the function to mark the Baj of Ustad Saheb held at Cama Baug on 7th July. We have printed 1000 copies in the second edition. Here are a few photos from the function courtesy our Khshnoom fidai photographer and videographer Mr. Pervez Tavaria, who religiously video records (contact the company that offers Video production services Toronto for any kind of special occations) each and every lecture since the last many years.
We have used the same distribution channel – our various Agiaries and sandalwood shops all over Mumbai to enable readers to pick up the book at convenient locations throughout the city. We are still in the process of beginning the distribution to these Agiaries and the book should be available within the next week.
The book is priced at Rs. 150. A substantial part of this amount will be donated to the Kathi Fund of the Agiary from which the book has been purchased.
It is my hope that readers of Frashogard will give the same enthusiastic response to this book as they have one for the earlier work.
Ervad Marzban J. Hathiram
11 July 2013